Applications Open Until: 27th January 2021
Hours/week: 15 to 22.5 hours
Contract Term: 8 weeks
As a Game QA Tester you’ll be working as part of the development team to ensure high standards of game releases and updates.
- Reporting bugs found within the game
- Regressing bugs fixed by other developers
- Providing detailed reproduction steps and descriptions of bugs
- Providing feedback to the development team about the stability of the game
- Performing Test Run Procedures and completing corresponding documentation
- Knowledge of and passion for video games
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong computer skills
- Good communication skills
- Familiarity with Excel
- Experience with Jira or similar bug tracking tools
- Experience with TestRail or similar test run tools
- Experience with Sentry or similar crash reporting tools
- Previous QA and/or Game Development experience
Frequently Asked Questions
How many work hours are required? Is the role open to students?
The role is minimum 15 hours/week. Some additional hours work may be available depending on project workload.
Typically this would be 2 days per week, 7.5 hours each day with a 1 hour lunch break. However we are flexible to student schedules.
Is it essential that I meet the requirements set in Pluses?
Not at all. As long as you meet the requirements, that is more than enough.
Do I need to have previous QA experience?
Nope! As long as you have knowledge of video games and a passion for them as well, that’s perfect!
What will I be working on?
You will be working with the whole development team on our current project Alchemic Cutie. You’ll be coordinating closely with the Game QA Lead throughout the process.
How large is the team?
Our team is currently made up of 8 people in various roles and locations.
Does Viridian Software allow work-from-home?
Yes, nearly half of our team work remotely.
Where is the office located?
The office is located at Talent Garden, Claremont Avenue, Botanic,
Glasnevin, D11 YNR2, Dublin
Depending on current government guidelines relating to COVID-19, you may be required to work from home.