As a game programmer you’ll be responsible for implementing game systems, AI, user interfaces and scripting for video games currently in development.
Duration: 3 to 6 months (Flexible)
Hours/week: 30 hours
Work Hours: 9.00/10.00 to 5.30/6.30 (Flexible), Monday to Thursday
Start Date: Monday 14th March 2022 (Flexible)
- Work with development team on titles currently in production
- Discuss gameplay ideas and find solutions to problems
- Investigate and solve issues reported by testers
- 2nd, 3rd or Final Year student in Computer Science, Game Programming or similar degree
- Experience programming in Java, C# or similar OOP language
- Ability to learn quickly with a passion for programming
- Experience programming video games or other hobby projects
- Experience programming in Unity
- Experience using Git
- Personal interest in video games
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the duration of the internship?
We are open to 3 month to 6 month internships.
Is this a paid internship?
Yes this is a paid internship.
Do I need to know games programming to apply?
Not at all. Anyone studying general programming can apply. As long as you’re eager to learn we’ll teach you the aspects of games programming that you’ll need to know.
What will I be working on?
We believe in giving interns real world experience by having them work with senior programmers on video games currently in production.
What will I learn?
We’ll be teaching you the latest industry programming standards, tools and practices. The majority of our development is done in Java and C# and you’ll gain in-depth knowledge of these programming languages.
How large is the team?
Our team is currently made up of 6 people in various roles and locations.
Does Viridian Software allow work-from-home?
As you will be required to work with console hardware, the office will be the main place of work. Work from home is allowed depending on manager approval and project timelines.
What is Viridian Software’s COVID-19 policy?
Viridian follows government guidelines regarding COVID-19. When in office there are policies regarding mask wearing, hand sanitization and social distancing.
Where is the office located?
The office is located at Talent Garden, Claremont Avenue, Botanic,
Glasnevin, D11 YNR2, Dublin